Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Week 7

Hammer and Chisel Week 7 - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel for Obstacle Course Racing - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group


Week 7!!!!!! =)

Day 1, Week 7
Today was Total Body Chisel and 10 Minute Abs followed by a 2 mile cool down run. During week 6 I was taking it a bit easy and just listening to my body. Today I felt strong and lifted heavier than usual. I think that it is very important to listen to your body and not be afraid to modify. It is so easy to over-train during this workout, especially with your legs, so be extra careful with that.


Hammer and Chisel Week 7 - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel for Obstacle Course Racing - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group


Day 2, Week 7
Not sure if you've been noticing a lot of my posts, but I enjoy working out with nature. I typically just use the workout sheets and rarely use the videos. Now, I do not recommend this unless you are pretty familiar with the movements, and feel comfortable. Today was ISO Speed Hammer, and of course I did the workout at one of my favorite outdoor parks. It started to get a little warmer so the mosquitos were out today, but I solved that problem with spraying some Deep Woods =) Oh, and I need to get rid of some back fat, that's something that I struggle with. 


Hammer and Chisel Week 7 - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel for Obstacle Course Racing - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group


Day 3, Week 7
I took a REST DAY today =) 

Day 4, Week 7
Since I took a rest day yesterday, I did ISO Strength Chisel today. Not sure if I mentioned this to you, but I am hosting an online accountability group and we post daily assignments to keep each other accountable, which also keeps everyone in the private group motivated to keep moving forward. Today we were asked to share which exercise that we feel we have improved on, and I would say that it has been the "step up holds". It basically is 10 step ups on a bench followed by a 10 second ISO hold (like a pistol squat hold), and you do that 3X =). Legs are definitely being worked during this program, but if you pace yourself, and not go too hard every day, you will see results on the days where you are well rested. If you feel good, then go a little harder, but if your legs are tired, play it safe and modify, then go harder the next day. It sucks to get injured, so play it safe and you will get better results and eliminate set backs. 

Hammer and Chisel Week 7 - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel for Obstacle Course Racing - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group


Day 5, Week 7
Today I made things a little more interesting. Not only is working out outside with nature super fun, but during my Hammer Conditioning Workout today, I also incorporated a quarter mile run in between sets/rounds. One thing that you may want to know is that there isn't too much cardio with the Hammer and Chisel Program, but it definitely has a lot more than the Body Beast program. I mention this because if you are like me who enjoys endurance sports such as running and obstacle course racing, you may need to continue to run daily to ensure that your level of cardio stays on point. Just like most guys, I tend to start lifting heavier and building more mass (it doesn't take me long to build mass), and whenever that happens, I gain more weight which leads me to run a bit slower. So in order to keep myself lean, I run after or during my workouts to keep that athletic balance and endurance level. 

Click to Watch Video!


Day 6, Week 7
Speaking of CARDIO. Today was Chisel Cardio which is not like your typical cardio workout. When most people think of a Beachbody Cardio Workout, you think of something like INSANITY =) Well, this workout is more like a P90X3 CVX workout, a little bit of cardio, but with the added benefit of using weights, which I love! I think this workout is key because when you combine weight training with cardio, it's more functional. It's also perfect for obstacle course race training where some obstacles require running or some sort of cardio activity with lifting heavy objects.  You will also see in the video below that instead of a pull up bar, I used my TRX Force Suspension. Use what you have, and if you are outside like me, and you see a sturdy branch, go for it, just be super careful! 

Click to Watch Video!


Day 7, Week 7
Total Body Hammer and 10 Minute Hammer Abs today. I was pretty excited that I only had one more week left of Hammer and Chisel. It's been a great program, and my legs have gotten super strong, which is always exciting for me! The cool thing about these Beachbody Workouts is that it's catered to different fitness levels and goals. As for my goal for Hammer and Chisel, it is just to maintain my health and fitness so that I can continue to keep up with the best obstacle racing athletes when I travel on the weekends to film races. When you are running side by side with an athlete that runs 4-5 minute miles, then I have to definitely stay on point with my fitness (strength and endurance), so I thank Beachbody for allowing me to have the flexibility to do my workouts anytime and anywhere, on the go! Hammer and Chisel is definitely one of those programs where you can easily take to the gym, home, or even like I do...outdoors. It's also perfect to incorporate into any other type of training program like OCR (obstacle course race training). Whatever you do, just make it happen =) If you need Free Coaching, motivation and advice from me, feel free to message me, and I can give you some details on my next Hammer and Chisel Online Challenge. I'd love to help you! =) 



Hammer and Chisel Week 7 - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel for Obstacle Course Racing - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group




Try Shakeology Risk-Free here! 








No comments:

Post a Comment