Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 1, Week Five - 22 Minute Hard Corps | Resistance 2

Day 1 Week Five 22 minute Hard Corps Challenge, 22 minute Hard Corps Resistance 2 Workout, Asheville Spartan Super 2016, Asheville Spartan Race, Spartan Race Training
Watch Video Below

WEEK 5 is finally here!!

Today's workout was Resistance 2, and it seems like my Dad and I have improved a lot since the first time that we did this workout. Definitely feel stronger, and although I didn't go as hard as I normally do, because I am still recovering from filming a 10+ mile brutal Spartan Race, I still felt pretty dang good.

David Magida and I - Asheville Spartan Super 2016
Day 1 Week Five 22 minute Hard Corps Challenge, 22 minute Hard Corps Resistance 2 Workout, Asheville Spartan Super 2016, Asheville Spartan Race, Spartan Race Training

One thing that I wanted to mention is that when I was filming the Spartan Race in Asheville, NC this past weekend, my legs felt so strong climbing up the mountains, I was surprised how long I could go without stopping. Now going up is a lot differnet than going down the mountains, and my knees aren't the strongest because of a prior knee injury a couple years back, I also forgot my knee compression that I normally wear during the mountain races, so my knees began to pop again, so I had to go slow to ensure that I do not re-injure myself, which I did anyways...slightly =). It comes with the territory and something that I just have to be careful with as I film in some of the most remote and treacherous places on planet earth. I should be better prepared knowing that it's always a surprise at an obstacle race, you never know what the course will be like until you're out there.

a little Spartan Race reminder, don't complain about how TOUGH a race is,
just embrace the suck, and be prepared for anything. 
Day 1 Week Five 22 minute Hard Corps Challenge, 22 minute Hard Corps Resistance 2 Workout, Asheville Spartan Super 2016, Asheville Spartan Race, Spartan Race Training

I took it pretty slow for this workout, but like I mentioned before, I still felt strong and only modified about 20% of the time. At any rate, it's just another day in paradise =)

Day 1, Week Five - 22 Minute Hard Corps | Resistance 2

Wanna watch the video that I created from the Asheville Spartan Super - 2016? 

Asheville Spartan Super - 5 Minute OCRTUBE Recap Video 


Are you ready to start a fitness journey? I'd like to help, feel free to message me here! Looking forward to hearing from you =)




No comments:

Post a Comment