Monday, August 22, 2016

Day 7, Week Six - 22 Minute Hard Corps | Cardio 2 + Core 2

Day 7 Week Six 22 Minute Hard Corps, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 and Core 1, Spartan Race Training, Nashville Spartan Race Sprint 2016, OCRTUBE Media Project, Free Beachbody Coaching, Become a Beachbody Coach
Watch Video Below

My Dad and I are finally finished with WEEK 6!

For this workout, we decided to do it on Sunday since I was filming a Spartan Race around the Nashville area. So even though it was a rest day, I didn't technically take a rest day since I clocked in at running almost 9 miles chasing athletes with my Gopros =)

Today's workout was Cardio 2 and Core 2. This was considered my POST SPARTAN RACE WORKOUT. I try to stay active the day after filming races so that my body stays familiar with movement instead of staying stagnant. It keeps me sharper and stronger.

Check out my Nashville Spartan Sprint 2016 video
Day 7 Week Six 22 Minute Hard Corps, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 and Core 1, Spartan Race Training, Nashville Spartan Race Sprint 2016, OCRTUBE Media Project, Free Beachbody Coaching, Become a Beachbody Coach


I do not try to workout hard or anything, instead I mostly modify and sometimes just do stretch and mobility. After doing the 9 miles, my gout started flaring up again on top of a little soreness, so I decided to really take it easy, and just modify about 50-60% of the time. Here are the modifications that I did:

For the most part, I took away anything that was considered high-impact, and just did the alternative.

- Since my right foot is where my gout is flaring, I did single leg burpees on my left leg.

- I didn't squat as low on some reps since my quads were still burning from yesterday.

- For the switch kicks, I just did leg lifts to ensure that I didn't put anymore pressure on my right foot.

- I didn't really modify the mountain climbers, I just didn't do all the reps. With mountain climbers, there isn't too much pressure on your feet since you are in a plank push up position.

- I didn't go as high on the "high-knees" I went a bit slower and took pressure off my right foot.

These were just some of the modifications that I did to keep it safe. I still managed to get in a great workout as always. We did the Core 2 Workout right after, which is not shown in the video.

Here's our workout accountability video!

Day 7, Week Six - 22 Minute Hard Corps | Cardio 1

If you would like to watch the video that I created from the Nashville Spartan Race Sprint, you can view it below =)

Nashville Spartan Race Sprint - Fort Campbell, TN 2016


Are you ready to start a fitness journey? I can help, all fitness levels and goals welcome, feel free to message me here =)

With 1st Place Female Finisher - Laura Messner
Day 7 Week Six 22 Minute Hard Corps, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 and Core 1, Spartan Race Training, Nashville Spartan Race Sprint 2016, OCRTUBE Media Project, Free Beachbody Coaching, Become a Beachbody Coach





No comments:

Post a Comment