Friday, February 17, 2017

My TOP 10 Travel Apps of All Time

Top 10 Travel Apps, Top Ten Travel Apps, Travel App Top Lists, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Uber Discount Code, Turo Discount Code, Airbnb Discount Code


A lot of my friends ask me how I plan, book, and organize my travel, even how I exercise while I'm on the go....so I decided instead of repeating myself a millions times, why not post a blog and just share the link...HA, brilliant! =)

I DO NOT USE TRAVEL AGENCIES OR BOOK TRAVEL PACKAGES

No way Jose! If you travel a lot, that can become very, BERRY expensive. I've learned many years ago about traveling independently, and with the advent of APPS, it's makes planning my travels so much easier.

YES, I HAVE AN IPHONE

But I'm pretty sure that the apps below will have Android versions, in fact as popular as they are, I want to say that I am positive that they do.

MY TOP TEN (not in order as pertaining to favorites)

1.  Airbnb - I rarely stay at hotels these days unless I get a super good deal. When I travel, I enjoy meeting other people, and staying with the locals. Hotels are very touristy, and that is something that I try to avoid. With Airbnb, I have the opportunity to stay with some amazing locals and save a lot of money.

My Airbnb in IJmuiden, Netherlands
Top 10 Travel Apps, Top Ten Travel Apps, Travel App Top Lists, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Uber Discount Code, Turo Discount Code, Airbnb Discount Code


2.  Uber - I like the fact that when I use Uber, I am supporting a regular person just like you and I with having their own business. I can also save up to 50% or more on my fares and have much better conversations with Uber drivers. Thank you Travis and Garrett for inventing this!


3.  Hostel World - When I travel, I really don't care about how fancy my accommodations are, so many times I stay at hostels. And don't think for a minute that hostels are gross, yes...there are some sketchy ones, but I've stayed at many boutique hostels that were way better than a 5 star hotel, seriously! With hostels, you have the option of dorm-style or private room accommodations, and you meet so many people from around the world. 50% of my friends I've met from hostels, so if you enjoy meeting travel-minded people, than this might be right up your alley. This app rates the hostels and provides reviews which makes it easy to choose the best accommodation for you.

Hostel in London, England
Top 10 Travel Apps, Top Ten Travel Apps, Travel App Top Lists, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Uber Discount Code, Turo Discount Code, Airbnb Discount Code


4.  Kayak - I book 90% of my flights with this app. It's searches hundreds of sites to help you find the best deal. If you like saving time and being more productive like I do, than this app will save your life! This app also searches multiple sites for car rentals and hotels.

5.  Turo - This app is like the Airbnb for car rentals. You rent from verified car owners instead of corporations. The cars are comparable to what you would get from your typical car rental agency, but with less the hassle and hidden fees. What I like best about Turo is the selection of cars from economy all the way up to high end Tesla's and Maserati's. I don't own a car anymore so most of my cars I rent from Turo when I need a car for a hot date (lol JK). One time I rented from a Jamaican family and when I returned the car, they had Jerk Chicken prepared for me! When's the last time Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise or Dollar did that for you.....NEVER!


6.  Skyscanner - This is the app that I primarily use to book my air tickets all over Europe. I once bought a ticket from England to Norway for $15, yup....I'm not kidding!

7.  XE Currency - I use this app all the time! When you visit different countries, you have to be smart and understand their currency and the conversion rates, and this app can help you with that. If I didn't have this app, I would've probably been ripped off many times over. If you don't like getting ripped of, then get this app.

8.  iTranslate - Ok, I'm embarrassed to say that I only know and speak one language! Yes, I am filipino, but I can only say the bad words LOL. So what do I do to get by when I travel to different parts of the world, I have my handy dandy translator on my iPhone. I may not have perfect pronunciation, but at least I try to speak their language, and the locals really like that. When you visit different countries, I encourage you to learn the basic greetings such as: thank you, have a good day, hello, good bye, and where's the bathroom....that's important =)

iTranslate
Top 10 Travel Apps, Top Ten Travel Apps, Travel App Top Lists, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Uber Discount Code, Turo Discount Code, Airbnb Discount Code

9.  Maps.me - This is the best app when exploring the city on foot or hiking trails. It's amazing how this app can find small single tracks behind people's back yards. This is the ultimate off-the-beaten path app, google maps doesn't have nothing on this one. I once got lost in the Norwegian forest and guess who saved my life? This app!

10.  Beachbody on Demand - Ok this is not really a travel app, but I have to say that it is one of the most important apps while I travel because it helps me stay active and in shape during my back to back trips. With over $6,000 worth of online workouts, I can do everything from yoga on the beach to Insanity in the jungle, to P90X at the gym. This app is like the Netflix of fitness, how else can I be strong enough to hike strenuous mountains, chase top athletes when I'm filming endurance races, or run away from bandits who think I'm rich =)


Top 10 Travel Apps, Top Ten Travel Apps, Travel App Top Lists, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Uber Discount Code, Turo Discount Code, Airbnb Discount Code


So there you have it! I hope that you find this to be super helpful with your travels, and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to connect with me, I'd be happy to share more tips and even learn from some of you!


Workout Anywhere, Anytime - No More Excuses!





No comments:

Post a Comment