Tuesday, July 25, 2017

How The Yee Peng Festival (Lantern Festival) Relates to Your Beachbody Business

Beachbody Coach Success, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad, Beachbody Asia, Beachbody International, Beachbody Coach Life, Fitness Entrepreneur, Filipino Beachbody Coach


Let me first tell you a short story when I was traveling through Thailand a couple years ago. Starting my Southeast Asia Trip in the Philippines, I didn't have an agenda at all. Years ago, I was the type of person who would plan everything before I left, accommodations and tours, the whole nine yards. These days, it's all about going with the flow and just enjoying life how it is thrown at me.

I arrived in the Philippines on September 2014 and traveled all over my parent's home country (I'm filipino), Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodia. Like I said, I didn't have a plan. All I wanted to do was relax and enjoy. I didn't even have a return ticket to go back home.

When I arrived in Thailand around the end of August 2014, I was excited to explore the mountains and witness indigenous village life with no plans to even visit the popular Thai Beaches. I spent some time in Bangkok, but I was ready to see the real Thailand, and just get away from the big metropolitan city. I headed to Chiang Mai because I heard that there was some good mountain biking and off the beaten path activities which I enjoy the most.

Check out my Southeast Asia Travel Montage Video - 2014


As soon as I arrived in Chiang Mai, I checked into my guesthouse, and the host asked me if I was going to the Lantern Festival? Feeling a bit embarrassed because I didn't really know what was going on (remember, I was just going by the flow) I said, "sure, why not, what's it all about?"

The host at the guesthouse told me that it's a tradition that happens every year where people release a lantern in the sky to let go of illnesses and misfortunes from the previous year, and the time to "make a wish" to hopefully have a much better year. The only way for your wish to come true is if you do good deeds the following year, that's the catch!

This kinda reminded me of what I, and thousands of other Beachbody Coaches do with their businesses. The annual Coach Summit for Beachbody Coaches, is like the Lantern Festival for the Thai community.

Just like the host mentioned, the wish that you make will not come true unless good deeds are performed. Just like anything in life with new years resolutions, and specifically my business with Beachbody, success with Beachbody Coaching will not happen unless we do good deeds by helping others reach their goals. It isn't just about the goals that we set out for ourselves, it's about the other 50%....other people.

Beachbody Coach Success, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad, Beachbody Asia, Beachbody International, Beachbody Coach Life, Fitness Entrepreneur, Filipino Beachbody Coach


I was just on a Leadership Call last night, and the host on the call reminded me of just that, Leadership is based on 50% of my goals, and the other 50% of the sum of the people and leaders that I help. For me, that's so powerful, and such a great reminder.

So I ask this question to all of you: Are you doing your good deeds this year for your goals to become a reality? When you release your Lantern at the next Coach Summit, will you have made an impact the previous year?


Whether you are a Beachbody Coach or not, I encourage you to set goals, and help people along the way. It's not about putting everyone else before you, it's about creating a give and take with the people who matter most. When push comes to shove, it is all about creating real relationships that last a lifetime. Who wants to hike up the DOI INTHANON (the highest mountain in Thailand) by themselves? It's lonely at the top, why not bring some friends with you! =)

#TogetherWeAreBetter

Beachbody Coach Life - Cambodia 2014
Beachbody Coach Success, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad, Beachbody Asia, Beachbody International, Beachbody Coach Life, Fitness Entrepreneur, Filipino Beachbody Coach





No comments:

Post a Comment