Monday, February 22, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Week 5

WHOA! Week 5 of my Hammer and Chisel Challenge is finally over ha ha! Here is how my week went.

Day 1, Week 5
So I had to repeat my 5th week because I literally killed my workouts a lot more than I should've and my gout unfortunately started to flare up. For those of you who know about GOUT, you definitely smell what I'm stepping in right? It hurts! I took advantage of some rest and recovery, and I also did a lot more stretching. Yes, I know, I need more yoga in my life =)

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016


Today I did Total Body Chisel with 10 Minute Ab Chisel. I felt so good that I also did a 4+ mile run. It was a great start of the week!

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016


Day 2, Week 4
Did Hammer Power plus 10 Minute Hammer Abs. So this is all pretty new to me as far as doing abs a few days in a row. I am so used to other programs such as P90X where you work certain muscle groups and allow ample rest in order for your muscles to recover and build. Well, that was classic P90X, I know X3 is a little similar to Hammer and Chisel where some of the workouts are full body workouts back to back, multiple days in a row. All I know is that with Hammer and Chisel, you are constantly killing the leg workouts! So if you are interested in this challenge, keep in mind that your legs are going to be really sore almost every day. But always remember to listen to your body, and take it easy on some days. I feel that the Beachbody Performance Recover drink helps with soreness and gets me ready for the next day. 


Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016 - Hammer Power


Day 3, Week 4
Chisel Balance was on the menu for tonight! If you've read some of my previous workout posts, balance is something that I am not really good at. It's why I fail a bunch of balance obstacles at some of the obstacle races that I participate in. I constantly am working on this skill, and have gotten much better. It has a lot to do with having a strong core, which is another something that I am working on building back up. 

I worked out in hiking pants tonight, so although it looks like it would be hot to workout in, it wasn't that bad, plus it was a little chilly outside, so it kinda made the house cooler than usual. Oh btw, I leave for Central America tomorrow, so I'll be extending my workout once I set foot in Nicaragua. 

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016 - Chisel Balance


Day 4, Week 5
Oh it's REST DAY today, and I'll be leaving for Nicaragua this evening, so what else is there to do but drink my Shakeology! Oh, and you better believe that I am taking some of my superfoods nutrition with me when I leave the country for almost 2 weeks. I never leave home with it. If you're wondering what I'll be doing in Nicaragua, I'll be filming the Fuego y Agua Survival run, I'll post the video below. 

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016 - Shakeology on Rest Day

Day 5, Week 5
I'm in CENTRAL AMERICA!! So when I travel, I don't always have access to a gym or ideal workout surroundings. But the best way to get over these challenges is to just work with what you have. You may not get the same intensity because of the lack of equipment, but it's a lot better than doing nothing. 


Today's workout was ISO Speed Hammer, and I used everything from a couple adjoining bunk beds to my own Patagonia duffel bag. I even used my laptop case for the exercises that required less weight. Again, I may not achieved the same burn factor that I am normally used to, but it's all about "showing up" and not making excuses. But hey, I do have my bad days too, but that's why I have a personal success partner and an online accountability group to kick my ass when I start feeling lazy. If you don't have a support group like this, message me and you can be a part of mine! =) 

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016 - ISO Speed Hammer


Day 6, Week 5
It was a long day today. I was at San Jorge waiting on a ferry to take me to Ometepe Island (where the Fuego y Agua Survival Run will be). A neighboring boat capsized and the ferry service was delayed for about 6 hours, it royally sucked lol. But I had fun with some of the locals and had the opportunity to just appreciate the scenery. Nicaragua is an amazing place!

Taking my local friend out to lunch and enjoying the 
scenery at San Jorge, Nicaragua
Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016


Day 7, Week 5
Today I woke up to an amazing traditional Nicaragua Breakfast. Soon after I rented a scooter to explore Ometepe Island. I did Total Body Hammer for today's workout. I didn't go hard at all and again had limited equipment. I used my Patagonia pack for most exercises that required dumbbells, and I did lat push ups to replace the pull ups, and again my laptop bag for the del flys. =) #WhateverItTakes

Hammer and Chisel Challenge - Hammer and Chisel Workout Sheets - Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group - Fuego y Agua Survival Run 2016 - Total Body Hammer


Btw, did I mention how beautiful Ometepe Island is? I have to really thank my Beachbody Business for allowing me the freedom to travel and live my passion. Working out in another part of the world and seeing so many amazing places is something that I never thought I would be able to do. 

Another week done, and I'm a "happy camper" =) 


Here's the video that I filmed and edited. It was probably the TOUGHEST race I ever had to film. Hiking up Volcan Concepcion was a workout in itself, but the views made it all worth while. Enjoy the video, and I'll see you somewhere around the world! 

Watch Video - Fuego y Agua Survival Run Nicaragua 2016



Get some Shakeology Samples here:




No comments:

Post a Comment