Monday, May 9, 2016

Working at Coffee Shops Around the World

Working in Coffee Shops Around the World, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad Office Space, Become a Beachbody Coach
Coffee Square in Malmo, Sweden


I wanted to write this post because I've worked at many coffee shops around the world. For me, there are advantages and disadvantages with this, and I just wanted to nail down some of those things and maybe get some opinions from some of you.

As an Online Beachbody Coach and Digital Nomad Traveler, one of the most amazing benefits is that having your own online business allows you to work from home, and I absolutely love that, but at the same time, just being around a social landscape helps me connect better with my productivity. Let me explain:

I GET BORED AT HOME SOMETIMES! Anyone relate?

So what do I do? I head over to a nearby coffee shop and do some work. Now if I am traveling for an extended period of time, I tend to work at coffee shops more than usual. I do this because these hubs sometimes have a stronger internet signal than some of the places where I sleep.

So let's go over some advantages and disadvantages:

The BIG "A" - Advantages:
- Better signal (sometimes, especially when traveling in remote places)
- People interaction and watching (it's not Walmart, but it's a human thing)
- Good coffee (sometimes)
- Great for social and business one on one meetings
- I tend to be more PRODUCTIVE. What I mean is that if I am at home, and I get lazy, I will plop myself on the couch and take a nap. I can't do that at a coffee shop =)

The BIG "D" - Disadvantages:
- No Privacy
- Not ideal for conference calls (unless you want to be a butt-hole and be that rude guy)
- You have to spend money, while if you are at home, you eat for free (unless you bring your Shakeology with you of course)
- You have to drive or walk to get there (while at home, you can walk over to your desk in a few seconds, all while you are still in your PJ's)

I've been to some pretty cool places around the world, and I think that's part of the whole experience as an Online Entrepreneur, to see new places and be able to work and meet other people along the way. I haven't met too many people around the world at coffee shops, but when I do meet other entrepreneurs, we tend to gravitate and meet each other to do some work, it's a pretty cool culture.


Working in Coffee Shops Around the World, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad Office Space, Become a Beachbody Coach
Caldera Cafe - San Juan, Puerto Rico


Another great option that offers a bit more of the professional business experience is finding "work spaces", this is where you can rent office or common space daily, monthly, or longer depending on your project or goal. The vibe is not as chill as a coffee shop (more quiet though), but the work spaces tend to offer more services such as printing and video conference rooms.

Do you enjoy working at coffee shops or at home? Please share some of your advantages and disadvantages in the comment section. Hope to meet you soon!


Try Cafe Latte Shakeology


Working in Coffee Shops Around the World, Beachbody Coach Travel, Digital Nomad Office Space, Become a Beachbody Coach
But the best office in the world is the outdoors! 




Start a health and fitness journey today, FREE Coaching from me! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment