Tuesday, June 23, 2015

P90X Marathon Training - Week 4

P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training


Another week done, and month 1 in the books! I can honestly say that my legs are feeling stronger than ever. I haven't really had a chance to see if my race pace has gone up, since most of my runs have been tempo to easy, comfortable long runs on the weekends, but I must say that my pace on my long runs have been pretty steady, and my post run recovery has been surprisingly fast.

Here was my Week 4 running schedule. As you can see, I went about 10 miles over my recommended training schedule, and I only do this based on how I feel. I only go over my schedule if I am feeling over 100%, and if I am not feeling it, then I will just do the minimum mileage as posted on my Nike Marathon Training App. My goal is to eventually run 50-60 miles "comfortably" per week leading up to about 2 weeks before the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 16th, 2016.

Nike Running App - Marathon Training (intermediate)
P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training

Here are some of my P90X workouts that I did during my week 4 training schedule. If you haven't read my previous posts about my workouts, I am incorporating P90X workouts into my running schedule to keep my upper body strength and maintain muscle mass. I will also be participating in various obstacle course racing events, so upper body strength (overall fitness) is very important. The workouts that I do include P90X, Body Beast, T25, Insanity, Asylum, and some PIYO.


Day 1, Week 4
6 mile trail run + Focus T25 Lower Focus Workout
P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training


Day 3, Week 4
10 mile trail run + P90X Chest and Back Workout
P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training

Day 5, Week 4
5 miler + P90X Shoulders and Arms
P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training

Day 6, Week 4
12+ miles (actually did 13 miles that day) 
P90X Marathon Training - Nike Running App - P90X and Running - Marathon Training

Kale Salad with Chicken and a Cup of Fresh Fruit after my long Saturday run
Sono Cafe - Downtown Tampa
Sono Cafe - Chicken Kale Caesar Salad - Tampa Museum of Art

To wrap up Week 4, it was great. My long run on Saturday killed me because of the scorching heat! I learned to never do that again, and from this point on, I will be starting my long runs very early in the morning before the crack of dawn! The Florida heat kills my breathing and my motivation. I wanted to give up a couple times during my long run, but I kept on going, and I'm glad that I did, otherwise I would've finished my run on a treadmill at the gym, and I'm not a fan of the treadmill unless I am doing a short run, speed work, or hill repeats.

All is well, and week 5 is in full effect! =) Feel free to connect with me on Facebook here.



Get the Beachbody on Demand Challenge Pack - $3,000 worth of Online Beachbody Workouts with Shakeology Nutrition for only $140 - Free Coaching from me =)
CLICK. STREAM. SWEAT.



No comments:

Post a Comment