Thursday, December 12, 2019

Filming at the 30th SEA Games // Obstacle Course Racing (2019)

30th Sea Games Obstacle Course Racing, SEA Games 2019 Obstacle Course Racing, OCRTUBE, Arnel Banawa, P90X and Obstacle Course Racing, P90X on Demand, SEA Games 100M, Sea Games 400M, Sea Games 5k OCR Course, World OCR


I had the opportunity to be part of media during the 30th SEA Games in the Philippines. The sport I was to cover was of course, Obstacle Course Racing! YES!!! =)

This might not mean a lot to some people, but as an obstacle racing enthusiast since the latter part of 2011, it was just amazing to see how far this sport has come. And it has grown so fast!

Spartan Beast Texas USA - 2012
30th Sea Games Obstacle Course Racing, SEA Games 2019 Obstacle Course Racing, OCRTUBE, Arnel Banawa, P90X and Obstacle Course Racing, P90X on Demand, SEA Games 100M, Sea Games 400M, Sea Games 5k OCR Course, World OCR


From actively racing in OCR from 2012-2014, and then converting to the media side of the industry in 2015,  have been part of this sport for almost 8 years! Where I have seen people, athletes and friends go in and out of this sport, I have endured and continue to support obstacle course racing because it changed my life.

Filming the sport of OCR at the 30th SEA Games in the Philippines was very surreal. Although I am open to the sport of OCR to be either an olympic or sovereign activity, I will support it in any way because the bottom line is that, the sport is 100% responsible for getting people off the couch. What a great movement!

When I decide to participate in the P90X program back in 2011, it was the beginning of my fitness journey, and obstacle course racing was the ultimate test of fitness for me, the tip of the iceberg. P90X and OCR still to this day is my passion, and now being part of the media industry, I can help others follow down that path. How exciting!

(Free 30 Day Trial, Thousands of Streaming Workouts)

Here is a quick video highlight of Obstacle Course Racing during the 30th SEA Games. Music beautifully executed by none other than Lea Salonga. Theme song: We Win As One

30th SEA Games - Obstacle Course Racing // 2019


OCR in the SEA Games Watch Playlist:
Philippines wins 4 Golds - CNN Philippines Coverage
(You will see me in the background filming LOL)





No comments:

Post a Comment