Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Running up to the PAGODA - Reading, Pennsylvania

Reading Pagoda, Running up the Reading Pagoda, Pagoda in Reading Pennsylvania, Shadey's Rugged Run in Lancaster PA, Coach Arnel's Free Accountability Group, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Running in Reading Pennsylvania
Watch Video Below

So I'm traveling and filming obstacle course races (for my OCRTUBE Media Project) in the Pennsylvania and New York area for a few weeks, and a friend of mine was kind enough to let me stay at her place while I am in between races. She told me about this Pagoda that I can run up a little north of Reading, PA so I decided to give it a go. It was pretty flat running through the city of Reading, but once you hit Hill Rd, that's where the steady incline and the real workout begins. There was a nice park on the way which I will probably end up doing some sort of Insanity Max 30 Workout there before I leave, but the run was pretty scenic, and the homes were beautiful. I even ran into a couple deer kinda scared be a little because they were STOMPING at me, I guess they weren't thrilled that I was taking photos of them, they just wanted me to leave =)

Shadey's Rugged Run - Lancaster PA (2017)
This was a local mud run that I filmed while staying in Reading PA

(Free Online Coaching included)

Once I made it up to the Pagoda, it was closed, but only the inside. You could still access the viewing areas and some trails below. When I was up there, I actually felt like I was in Japan, it had a sorta calm feeling about the place. I spent about an hour there just walking around and taking photos.

Overlooking the City of Reading, Pennsylvania
Reading Pagoda, Running up the Reading Pagoda, Pagoda in Reading Pennsylvania, Shadey's Rugged Run in Lancaster PA, Coach Arnel's Free Accountability Group, Beachbody on Demand Free Trial, Running in Reading Pennsylvania


The Pagoda is open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And they also allow guests to rent out the place for events. If you would like more information on the Pagoda in Reading, just click here.

Here is my quick video on my run up to the Pagoda. I plan to be doing this run at least a couple times before I leave Pennsylvania, it's really a great workout! If you're ever in the area, definitley check it out. Oh and you don't have to run up, you can also drive too, but where's the fun in that?



Stay active my friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment