Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mountain Biking in Guatemala - OX Expeditions


Moutain Biking Guatemala - OX Expeditions
 Mountain Biking Guatemala - Watch Video below!

I finally got around to creating a quick video on this Pilar Push Mountain Bike Tour that I did back in Antigua, Guatemala earlier this year (March 2014). There were many outdoor adventure outfitter companies in Antigua, but an Aussie girlfriend of mind that I met in Nicaragua told me about OX Expeditions, so I had to check them out.

OX Expeditions offers adventure tours from mountain biking, volcano treks, surfing, rock climbing, and zip line. They also have a place called Base Camp for adventure seekers to crash in between expeditions. I met Victor, the guy who runs the show at OX, and he's a really cool guy, and quite the outdoor enthusiast. If you are an adventure traveler, and you are in Antigua, Guatemala, then this is the place to stay and explore the highlands.

Cerro de la cruz antigua guatemala
 Cerro De La Cruz overlooking Antigua, Guatemala

During my Pilar Push Mountain Bike Tour, I actually got injured going downhill. It happened about half way through the 3-4 hour bike trip, so I mostly filmed and grabbed footage of my tour guide Mehedhi, and Robin from Amsterdam who also joined me on the tour. The Pilar Push is an advanced tour and is definitely not recommend for the beginner. Mehedhi, who I just heard is no longer with the company, he was an awesome tour guide with a lot of experience and information about the highlands and Guatemala itself. He made the trip very educational and extremely fun!

I plan to go back to Antigua in the beginning of 2015 as I plan to backpack the Yucatan, and will begin my journey from Guatemala. So you know where I'll be - OX Expeditions and Base Camp! =)

Visit OX Expeditions - Click here!
Visit Base Camp - Click here!

Here is a quick "sneak peek" of the Pilar Push Mountain Bike Tour from OX Expeditions. If you go to the highlands, say "HOLA" to Victor for me!

Pilar Push - Mountain Biking Guatemala - WATCH VIDEO


As always, stay active my friends! If you need some travel and fitness inspiration, feel free to add me on facebook, and let's meet up!

 Meet Single Mountain Bikers and Cyclist - Free Sign Up!
Cycling Singles

Click here for more travel posts!


Take the Beachbody Challenge - Start a Fitness Journey Today - Free Coaching from me!





No comments:

Post a Comment