Thursday, June 26, 2014

Las Vegas is not just about Gambling

I recently attended the Beachbody Coach Summit at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, and as usual, it was absolutely amazing. You're probably reading this and saying "what the heck is Coach Summit?" =). Well, in a nutshell, its an action-packed weekend where thousands of Beachbody Coaches come together to meet up, get some coach training, workout with celebrity trainers, and attend some lavish parties. Now, let me tell you something,  I am by far not a party animal (that was a few years ago), but these parties are top-notch, and a great place to meet other people (in a non-business environment) who share the same vision. What's this vision I hear? =), well, it's about "Helping People Achieve Healthy and more Fulfilling Lives". Sounds tacky? that's what I thought until I really experienced the lifestyle first-hand. It's been a life-changer for me for sure.

 Here's a quick video that I made from Coach Summit 2014 - MGM Grand Las Vegas

So Coach Summit ended a few days ago, but I am still spending a couple more weeks here in Vegas with my family. But I'm not doing what most people think people do here in Las Vegas, infact, I'm doing the complete opposite. Most people come to Vegas to gamble, drink, party....etc, you know the deal. But being the fact that my family (brother and his lovely family) have been here for over 8 years now, I have learned that Vegas is not always about the glitz and glamor. Just 10 minutes outside the strip, there are canyons, lakes, and all kinds of thing to do. Did you know that just 45 minutes north of Vegas, there is skiing!!! Yup, Mt. Charleston is a local secret, and I've done some snow-boarding a couple times up there. Let's face it, it's no Aspen, but it works for me.

Yesterday, I went to my favorite place to workout in Vegas, and that's Exploration Peak Park. The cool thing about it is that it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from where my brother lives, so I take full advantage of it. When you climb to the top, you can actually see the Las Vegas Strip, and all the mountains surrounding it. The park is amazing!

Check out this video from one of my past workouts at Exploration Park.

So I ended up doing some mountain hiking and running, and finished it off with a nice little P90X3 Ab Ripper Workout, which kicked my ass! =) I'm not sure about today's workout, I'm thinking about doing a Body Beast Upper Body workout, and some T25 Stretch (can't get enough of stretching).

All I can say is that the next time that you are in Las Vegas, try exploring off the strip a bit, I promise you that you will have just as much fun, if not more! Thanks for reading my blog, I plan to post a lot more as my Beachbody Coaching Business has allowed me a lot more freedom to travel. Hope to meet you all during my travels! =)

P90X changed my life, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment