Saturday, July 26, 2014

3 Day Refresh - Day One

3 Day Refresh Preparation
3 Day Refresh Preparation

So it begins! I decided to do the 3 Day Refresh because I've been long overdue for a DETOX. For the record, my goal for the 3 Day Refresh is not to lose weight, but I'm sure that I probably will since I plan to do my workouts. I plan to follow the program to exact specifications, and will NOT be adding any extra calories to the recipes.


DAY ONE:
I'm going to be honest, I didn't know what to expect, and when I first started my day, I was a bit "all over the place" aka flustered =), like I didn't know what to do lol, but the 3 Day Refresh Program Guide made it really simple, and very easy to follow. Of course I gathered everything that I needed the day before, so I was all set and ready to go.

As soon as I awoke, I immediately drank my 10 oz glass of filtered water. My goal is to drink a gallon a day while I am going through the detox program. That's what I do most of the time anyways, so this part will be pretty easy.

8-10 oz filtered water
3 Day Refresh Day One

Within an hour of waking up, I had my Strawberry Shakeology and blended it with 10 oz of water, ice, and a small banana. You can add some of the guilt-free flavorings, but I opted out of that option.

Strawberry Shakeology with Banana
3 Day Refresh Strawberry Shakeology


About an hour after drinking my Shakeology, I had 1 cup of Organic Green Tea (organic is not required), which is optional. You also have the option of choosing an unsweetened herbal tea, or green tea. Stevia sweetener is allowed, but I did not use a sweetener. 

Organic Green Tea
3 Day Refresh Organice Grenn Tea


A little over a hour after finishing my Organic Green Tea, I had my first Fiber Sweep, which is a digestive health drink included with the 3 Day Refresh kit. I mixed it with 8 oz of filtered water and shoved it down my throat =).

3 Day Refresh Fiber Sweep
3 Day Refresh Fiber Sweep

I was actually surprised that it didn't taste bad at all, it kinda tasted earthy, but I like earthy.


 Ha ha, I just had to throw this pic in here, it really isn't that bad at all!

After a few minutes, I decided to get my workout in for the day. I did a Core Conditioning Yoga workout for about 33 minutes.  It's okay to workout during the 3 Day Refresh Program, but I don't recommend doing any of your typical hardcore type of workouts like Insanity or P90X. I'll be sticking to core, yoga, stretching, and light running.

Core Conditioning Yoga 




About an hour after drinking the Fiber Sweep, it was time for lunch. I had my very first Vanilla Fresh Shake with about 10 oz filtered water blended with ice and a small banana. In addition to the High-Protein (20g Plant Protein) Vanilla Fresh Shake, I had some Steamed Asparagus and drizzled some extra virgin olive oil. Very simple, and it was delicious!

Steaming up some Asparagus =)
3 Day Refresh Steamed Asparagus

 Lunch time!
Vanilla Fresh Shake with Banana and Steamed Asparagus
3 Day Refresh Vanilla Fresh Shake


About an hour and a half later, I'm ready for an afternoon snack! I prepared some fresh cut tomatoes drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil. You have the option of preparing some Juice Options, but I didn't have a good juicer on hand, so I went with the vegetable snack + healthy fat option. Don't forget to keep drinking water =).

Easy recipes!
3 Day Refresh - Fresh Cut Tomatoes

Fresh Cut Tomatoes drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Cut Tomatoes


One hour passes by after my afternoon snack, and I'm ready for afternoon tea (optional). I had another cup of Organic Green Team (caffeine-free) and again did not use a sweetener. (Stevia is allowed).

Afternoon Tea Time
3 Day Refresh Afternoon Tea


So if you haven't noticed, I am at home the whole entire time, because I work from home with my Online Beachbody Coaching Business. I planned it that way so that I could focus on doing it right, not missing any meals, and preparing everything from scratch. The 3 Day Refresh can be done on the go as well, but I can see where it might be a little challenging for some people. If you decide that you would like to do the 3 Day Refresh away from home, I highly recommend using one of these Six Pack Bags, they're pretty awesome, and are used mostly by health and fitness enthusiasts, like you! =)

The largest selection of Meal Management solutions out there. Shop for your 6 Pack Bag today!
Moving right along, another hour or so passes, and I decided to get off of my computer and jet out for a nice light run. I did a quick 1.25 mile run, and broke a nice little sweat. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good idea to run because of the low calories of a detox program, but I was surprised again, I felt really good, I had a lot of energy, and even sprinted during the tail end of my run! I didn't feel tired one bit. Now granted I've been working on my computer all day (along with my yoga workout earlier), so I haven't at all been very active. But remember, it's always a good idea to take it easy during a cleanse or detox program anyways. I did two short workouts today, and I still feel great!

Nice run around the neighborhood


After my run, I started to get ready for dinner. I already prepared the Moroccan Carrot Salad earlier because it needed to marinate for 2-3 hours. I drank a ton of water after my run, then went to town on my dinner which was a my last Vanilla Fresh Shake of the day with no fruit added this time. I also had my Moroccan Carrot Salad which was so good! The combined spices in the fresh marinade really created a nice flavor in the salad. I didn't think that I was going to like it, but again, I was surprised! There are plenty of dinner option to prepare, but I chose Carrot Salad for today, and I'm glad that I did. As an additional option with dinner, you can also have a cup of Organic Vegetable Broth, and so I also took advantage of that =).

Food Prep for my Moroccan Carrot Salad
Moraccan Carrot Salad

Chopped Fresh Parsley
3 Day Refresh - Chopped Fresh Parsley

Putting it all together!
Moroccan Carrot Salad

Dinner is served!
Vanilla Fresh Shake, Moroccan Carrot Salad, Organic Vegetable Broth

When I first looked at the Moroccan Carrot Salad, I was like "that's a lot of carrots!", but as I soon tasted it, I knew that I could eat the whole serving. I am still amazed of how flavorful it was!

And so there you have it, my DAY ONE of the 3 Day Refresh is in the books! I am looking forward to Day Two for sure.

Having some Evening Tea to end the day!
3 Day Refresh Day One




Click here for Day Two!


Take the 3 Day Refresh Challenge - BUY HERE NOW!
3 DAY REFRESH LOSE WEIGHT AND FEEL GREAT!




No comments:

Post a Comment